Skip to main content

Salutations


Hello, my name is Sage, like the herb. It also means a wise old man,  and is this color:            It looks amazing, right?                         me--><--Also me           I live on                       ct,             city, CA,           15. My social security number is                         , and mother's maiden name is           .

Anyway, the point of this blog is to get a good grade in AP government write down my political beliefs/ideals. Speaking of politics, according to this survey by the Pew Research center, my political typology is a New Era Enterpriser. The key points to this is that I:

  • Have moderate views on immigration and america’s engagement with the world.
  • Believe U.S involvement with global economy and immigration is a good thing.
  • Think that homosexuality is a good thing.
  • Conclude that the government is alright.
Personally, I believe the survey is correct, I agree with most of the following statements.

That's basically it for this post, so give me an eight on this project  thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The last one

Oh boy golly gee willikers, time for my final blog post! If by chance you happen to be an AP Government Teacher who just so happens to be grading my project, please reference the handy dandy scoring guide shown above. 7 are also accepted, but 8s are preferred. ... So yeah, this has to be about something, doesn't it? Let's talk about the elections! By now you hopefully know what a linkage institution is, so here's a quiz: How is voting a linkage institution? A. Because voting is an institution that links things. B. Why are you asking me, I'm not going to write your friggen blog for you. C. I'd like to phone a friend. D.  Voting is a linkage institution because it gives the general public direct involvement in our current governmental system. People are given the power to vote on future candidates or policies. Instead of consuming media to see what's going on, forming interest groups, or joining political parties, people are given t

Media

There's no way you haven't experienced media in your life. Absolutely no way. .Wanna know how I know? Because it's right on top of this page. The official definition of media is as follows: Newspapers, Snapchat, Reddit, plzmrdalton.blogspot.com , they're all media. While often bias, media is important in our society as a linkage institution. What is a linkage institution? Go google it yourself, why you asking me? ... Okay fine, a linkage institution is something that connects the general public to the government. Some examples include interest groups, political parties, elections and media. If you don't know what those are, go look at my previous posts. Or you know, go google it. Getting back on topic, media is a linkage institution because it keeps us informed about the current situation of our government and politics. While it's good to know what horrible disaster is occurring in our government each day, it's often difficult to figure out the f

Interest groups

Oh hey the military is a thing. Also, it just so happens to be an issue that I chose to research last week. More specifically, I chose two different interest groups who focus on the issue. On the off chance that you're not Mr.Dalton, an interest group is a group that lobbies for a certain issue, basically researching an fighting for an issue that they wish to change. Once they have a formulated opinion, they tell political representatives about the issue and what they should do about it. The two groups that I researched were the Veterans For Peace (VFP) and the  Jewish Institute for National Security of America (JINSA). Let's begin with Veterans For Peace, because I said so. VFP is a liberal interest group fighting for peace. They strive to raise awareness of the cost of war, reduce nuclear weapon stockpiles, and seek justice for veterans/victims of war. So far, they have created over 120 chapters across the US and abroad. In addition, they've worked on countless (actua